Forum rules - please read before posting.

Face directio after moving doesn't work

Good morning community,

Maybe a noob question but haven't found it anywhere on the manual.
We are using a Unity sprites complex animation type and the Face direction after moving doesn't work from the AL. Instead, I have to call the animation by the XXX Idle_R or XXX Idle_L string. Not sure if it actually works for this config or you need to rename the animations diferently.

Unity: 2020.3.27f1
AC: 1.74.5

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• The character's animation engine shouldn't affect their ability to turn - it only controls how that turn is animated.

Can you share your character's Inspector, Animator Controller, and ActionList that has the issue?

• Hello!
    If "turn" is what I'm missing then that might be the problem. Here's what I got. I'm not sure where Turn should be inserted since I have two idles (the character is not symmetrical). Then the walk has and intro, walk, outro, for both left and right (amond other animations such as take down, mid, etc.).
    You will notice in the AL that the Face direction block is on the right. That's the one that doesn't work and the animation below is the only workaround I found. Want to get rid of the animation blocks for such things.

https://imgur.com/a/uHSwTiu
    Thanks a lot.

• Remove the Character: Animate Action and check that your "direction" paramete value is correct. Since the Character: Face direction Action is set to snap the character to face left instantly, it should get set to 1.

Assuming so, it's then a case of making sure that the Animator Controller has transitions that allow this to cause the "Lombardi Idle_L" animation to play.

• I know why it doesn't work. It's because the direction 1 and 2 (for left and right) are fine but there is one block in between the idle_R and idle_L which is face down so there's a smoother movement, plus, the transition between the idles were if you were moving greater than 0.1. I fixed it using 0.25 and 0.25 for the transition durations. Excellent! Thanks a lot.