Forum rules - please read before posting.

Select what languages to use from a list

Hello!

I have imported about 6 different languages but I need to make two different builds, one for Europe and one for East Asia. I need to select x number of languages for one build and x number for the others. Is there a way I can select which ones I'm using and them make the build without including all of them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Not currently, but it is on my radar for the future.

What you'd currently have to do is remove the languages, build, and then undo the changes by reverting a backup. This'd be easier if you're relying on version control.

• Chris:

Side question. So I have 6 languages, in this order:
    English, German, French, Italian, Korean and Spanish

IF I leave them in that order, and I have imported all the language translations ( including Korean with the font NanumBarunGothic ), everything works fine.

THEN if I delete any of the languages, such as German, Korean no longer works.

I have tried to move the Korean up the top, and other positions but it's just blank. All other languages work fine.

I feel like it's an index vs special font but I'm not sure where I need in the code to look to see what's going on.

Suggestions?

• edited April 2022

In what way is Korean not working? The font is not displaying in-game, or its no longer availabke in the Speech Manager?

Languages are referenced by index or name in code, so if you delete one then any custom code that refers to them may need to be updated. How are you updating the font based on the current language?

The ability to disable languages was introduced in v1.75.2. As an alternative to deleting a language, it is now possible to disable it.

• Chris:

Correct, the font was not displayed in the game. However, I updated to the latest version of AC, disabled the languages and all worked correctly. Thanks.