Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player Start Issue

Hi,

I have an issue, if a player combines two specific items he is killed and starts again in a specific scene (with all variables reset). However, this scene also has 3 playerstarts depending on previous scene. How do I have a start for any scene for when player is killed? (ps this is not end game restart, the player waked up in a specific scene many after the opening scene)

Comments

• If the scene is reset, the "Previous scene" should become that same scene - which you can use in a PlayerStart or a "Scene: Check" Action in your OnStart cutscene.

You can also use a Global Bool variable named e.g. "Is restarting scene" that you set before the reset, and check in OnStart.

• ok thanks, on doing this, my player seems slightly out of position (a bit higher than usual) - any reason this might be happening?

• I couldn't tell from this alone.

How does the Player's root Position values compare with that of the PlayerStart? Is their sprite child at the same position as the root?