Forum rules - please read before posting.

1.75 re-import issue

Hi,

I have just updated AC from 1.74 to 1.75 in my project. I have clicked the update button in Unity package manager and then re-imported the asset. It looks like it works fine, however I have plasticSCM version control set up and I have noticed that most (if not all?) AC related assets have been marked as modified. And when looking at various diffs I can see that in fact they have been. It looks like they have changed from readable text format to something that looks more like a binary file.

Is that intended? Was it my mistake while re-importing?

I'm not sure if I should check-in the changes or if it's something I should worry about.

Thank you.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @ironweed.

The version you import if you're using Unity 2019.4 or later was uploaded using a different machine to previous releases, but the content should be the same. I've tested this on my own end and get the same behaviour, but it appears OK regardless. It may just encoding-related.

Relative to the previous release, the only changes made to AC were in the Scripts folder - so you're OK to roll back changes made to other asset files if you wish.

• Thank you @ChrisIceBox.

I will probably apply only the diff-able script changes as you suggested for this version. For some future version I will re-verify if same thing happens, if yes I will just accept it as new normal and apply all changes :smile: