Forum rules - please read before posting.

Changing References.asset Folder Location

Unity: 2019.4.18f1
AC: 1.74.2

Hello. I am attempting to turn the References.asset file into an Addressable. But, when moved from the AdventureCreator Resource folder, I get dialogue in the AC Game Editor window, stating that the References.asset file needs to be located in: Assets/AdventureCreator/Resources.

Is there a way for me to relocate this file to a non-Resource folder? At the moment, when I perform an 'Addressable Analyze: Check Resources to Addressable Duplicate Dependencies', the References.asset is calling on 1931 Addressables. Everything AC needs to operate, which is fine, but it's also calling on everything using the same .cs scripts.

I'm unsure about all the .cs script files atm, but a lot of files seem to be pulled in/duplicated when the game loads.

Comments

• edited February 2022

AC requires that References is a Resource. If you want to change this, you'll have to edit Resource.cs's References property getter.

However when using Addressables its recommended to use AC's built-in support for speech audio and scene addressables. The upcoming v1.75 update will also allow the use of addressables for UI menu prefabs.

• edited February 2022

Managed to get the number down to 700ish, but it's barely noticeable during the initial load. AC is working fine. Apparently, the video/graphics menu was causing long initial loading times. Probably had something to do with the texture rendering difference between the Ultra and Low setting (it was added to the first Addressable scene right after the empty loading scene).

After removing the graphics menu, the initial load time dropped from 15 seconds to 2-3 seconds. Going to simplify the video menu, just to make sure.