Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC 1.74.2 | Loading previous scene with saved progress viá script

Hey there AC Community,

I'm kind of new to AC and made a mini-game in unity itself.
Right now, I'm starting the game in an AC Scene. Then I load through an Actionlist the mini-game scene.
After the player played the mini-game successfully, I want to go back to the previous AC Scene but its always starting from the beginning of the game (Tutorial).

I've already tried to go back to the other scene with: "Kickstarter.SceneChanger.ChangeScene(Kickstarter.SceneChanger.GetPreviousSceneIndex, false);"
"SceneManager.LoadScene(0, LoadSceneMode.Single);"

Inside the AC starting scene, I'm saving the game to a save file, then load the new (mini-game) scene.

If you need more context, let me know, and I will try to provide it as good as I can.

Thank you!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @GottesSchaf. What are your AC/Unity versions?

Is your minigame scene an AC scene, or is AC not present? How are you measuring that it's starting from the tutorial? Is this something that runs in the OnStart cutscene?

You should be able to use the Scene: Check Action in this cutscene to determine the previous scene, and bypass your tutorial if so.

If the fact that your minigame is a non-AC scene is causing trouble, you could try adding AC to it as normal, and using the Engine: Manage systems Action to temporarily disable its various systems (player movement, menus etc).

• Sorry that I'm answering so late.
    Unity Version is 2020.3.12f1 and AC is 1.74.2
    I will try that out though!