Forum rules - please read before posting.

Spacing Crafting Menu

Hello!

Right now I am trying to arrange a crafting menu, so I can make a drag and drop game out of it.
My problem is the spacing.
If arrange, scale and space the slots, so they fill my designed UI perfectly, the icons are stretched too much horizontally.
If I scale the slots, so the icons are fine, the slots don't match my design because I can't space horizontally and vertically different.
If I create 3 "Ingredients"-Menus, space them vertically, so they fit and position them manual horizontally, the item I place in the first slot appears on all 3 menus in the first slot.
Is there a way to change how the icons are scaled or make different spacing on x and y?

Comments

• edited January 2022

You'll want to switch to Unity UI for your menu's rendering, so that horizontal and vertical spacing can be controlled separately via Unity's Grid Layout Group component.

See the Manual's "Unity UI menus" chapter, as well as this tutorial, for details on working with Unity UI and AC's Menu system.

If I create 3 "Ingredients"-Menus, space them vertically, so they fit and position them manual horizontally, the item I place in the first slot appears on all 3 menus in the first slot.

Crafting is intended to rely on one menu at a time - you'll have this issue if you have multiple Crafting elements visible at once. What is the situation such that you're looking to show three?

• If I create 3 "Ingredients"-Menus, space them vertically, so they fit and position them manual horizontally, the item I place in the first slot appears on all 3 menus in the first slot.

I just tried it so i can align the slots how I want. But obviously it didnt work.

However, I found a potential fix for my problem and it would be pretty easy if I could adjust the settings of the menu-buttons. Is it possible to get access to the internal buttons of a menu from AC-Renderer? Not the Prefebs in AdventureCreator > UI, but the new menus I create in the AC Game Editor

• Access in what way?

Menu elements can be accessed - and their click behaviour overridden - through scripting. See the Manual's "Menu scripting" chapter for details.

That said, the easiest way to align your crafting slots in the desired way really is to make use of Unity UI.