Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scale object in actionlist

I'm having trouble changing the size of an object in an actionlist (2D game). This is part of an actionlist asset which runs every time the player picks up an item. The asset has four parameters, one is the hotspot (which has the item sprite as a child), the second is text which plays when the item is picked up, the third is an off-screen marker and finally there is the inventory item.

The idea is to double the size of the hotspot and item (like an pickup animation), the text will play, the hotspot is moved to the marker and the item is added to the inventory . Everything works fine, except for the first step where to object size is increased. I'm using Object > Transform > Scale > By, the "Vector is" value is selected as Entered Here. I've selected 2 seconds as the transition time and the linear method, and selected Wait until finish. When I pick the item up the object brightens briefly, but I can't see any change in the size of the object (I've tried various values from 0.1 to 100).

I know animations will create the same effect, but I haven't used them in the project, so I figured that increasing the object size might serve a similar purpose without studying up on animations! Am I doing something obviously wrong here? I've also tried using the object sprite itself (instead of the hotspot), but that does not work either.

Comments

• What are your AC/Unity versions?

Parameters add another layer of complexity to the situation, so let's get it working without them first - by having the Action refer to a specific object directly assigned.

For an object to be affected by the "Object: Transform" Action, it must have a Moveable component. Is this the case?

If the object remains unaffected, does the Action wait for the 2 seconds before continuing, or does it move on without waiting?

• Hi Chris

I'm using AC v1.74.2, and it appears as though a new version is available (Unity is 2020.3.11f1). Also, it seems I've misunderstood the manual when it states moveable component. I thought it meant an object that is moveable (i.e a sprite with a renderer as opposed to a script), but I now realize that there is an actual component called "Moveable".

Let me update AC and attach the Moveable component first, if that does not work I'll try moving an object, directly assigned and without the actionlist asset.

• Yeah, it was the Moveable thing - everything works fine now.