Forum rules - please read before posting.

OnStart cutscene overrules loading save data

When I load a save while still in the same scene, everything seems fine. But if I change to another scene and load that scene, the opening cutscene starts playing instead of starting from where the save was. How can I fix this?

Comments

• edited January 2022

To clarify: by "load that scene", you're loading a save-game file that was made in that original scene?

If a scene is opened due to restoring a save-game, only its OnLoad cutscene should run - if defined.

What are your AC and Unity version, and do you have an OnLoad cutscene assigned in your Scene Manager? Does this issue only occur with a particular scene, or any?

Yours isn't an issue I can recreate, so we'll need to run a test on your end to get more info. Create a new cutscene and give it a single ActionList: Comment Action that prints some text to the Console. Then temporarily assign it as your scene's "On-start cutscene". Change to another scene and load back the scene with a save file.

If OnStart runs, it should then print the message in the Console - in which case, select the whole message (stacktrace included) and copy/paste it here for us to examine.