Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cursors interactions are not resizable

Hi again,

in my project all cursors (main cursor, hotspot cursor) can be adjusted in the size - BUT NOT the interaction icons.
I found an old thread from 2015. But the renderer is software.
I even created a complete fresh project and even there the hotspot interactions are all the same size.
On the discord till now nobody can help me.

What would you need to help me?

Comments

• It depends on how your interaction icons are displayed, which itself is dependent on your Settings Manager's Interaction method field, as well as your cursor rendering mode.

If you can share screenshots showing your Settings and Cursor Managers in full, that would be best.

If the icons are displayed as mouse cursors, then adjusting their size fields within the Cursor Manager should be enough - provided that you're not using Hardware rendering. If you are, then it's a case of adjusting the texture assets themselves.

If the icons are displayed in an Interaction menu, then it's a case of instead finding the Interaction menu inside your Menu Manager, and adjusting the Size property of the Interaction elements for each of the associated icons.

• edited January 2022

Hi Chris, it was the third solution. I use the "choose hotspot then interaction". So I had to adjust everything inside the: Menu > Interactions.

How can I change the icon/verbs text? Cant find the settings anymore where you can change "look at" etc. In the manual on page 153 is nothing about to change the text of the verbs or to hide them. E.g. if it is a different language.
    The element name is just the label

• Each icon's default label is configurable in the Cursor Manager, just above their Texture field in the "Interaction icons" panel.

Interaction icon labels are included in the "Gather text" process when creating translations - see the Manual's "Gathering game text" chapter for details.

• edited January 2022

I found a really bad thing. The verbs for the interaction icons are not updating. Only if you close the project and reload the whole project again. This drove me nuts. Until I could figure that out I messed a lot up.

• I have 2 things left to solve:

If you click on a hotspot I want to animate the interaction icons to zoom in and zoom out on mouseExit. I cannot use the "Actionlist when turn on" because the icons are already there and can not be animated to show up. So how can I animate them. Can I use source = AC or do I have to use Unity UI?

On the mousover on the interaction icons I do not want to show the text.
    I turned it off with "Icons only", but the text is still shown.
    How can I hide the text for the hotspot interaction icons? E.g. "Talk to Pirate", if you hover the talk icon

• The verbs for the interaction icons are not updating. Only if you close the project and reload the whole project again. This drove me nuts.

I apologise for the trouble - though it's not an issue I can recreate. What is your Unity version, and does saving the project avoid the need to reload it?

If you click on a hotspot I want to animate the interaction icons to zoom in and zoom out on mouseExit.

If your menu's Source is AC, you can set the Transition type to Zoom, but for anything more custom you'll need to use Unity UI, which allows you to rely on an Animator to control the menu's transition animations.

Each of the default menus has a Unity UI counterpart, so you should be able to switch your menu to Unity UI without much hassle if that's the case.

On the mousover on the interaction icons I do not want to show the text.

If you don't want to show any text at all, you can do this by selecting the Hotspot menu in the Menu Manager and checking Start game locked off? to hide it.

If you want to show the Hotspot's name, not the verb (i.e. "Talk to Pirate" becomes "Pirate"), go to the Cursor Manager and uncheck Prefix cursor labels? under the "Hotspot cursor" panel.

1. does not matter anymore. I know that I have to save the project. Should have both AC and unity newest versions.

2. Menu > Interaction > ActionList when turn on: Here you do a AL with Menu = change stat + Lock Menu +Hotspot
      turn off > Menu + Turn on Menu + Hotspot

3. Thanks for these infos. I wanted to show the hotspot and if clicked show nothing anymore > see 2. But your information where good as well.

When I would like to animate I could put the animate into the Menu 2 > Maybe it is easier to handle with Unity UI. I will try.

Thanks again, Chris!

• Is there a manual / example how to use the Unity UI > Interaction UI.

I added "pickup" but it is not shown in the game. I think I would need a source for this. Do I have to check the unity manual?

• I stay with the AC UI. Thats fine.
    Thanks.

• I added "pickup" but it is not shown in the game

"pickup" being a new interaction icon defined in the Cursor Manager?

The Interaction menu needs to have a separate "Interaction" element defined for each icon you want it to be able to display. If you create a new interaction icon, you'll have to also create a new Interaction element and map it to that icon.

The default Interaction menu comes with three: Use, Talk to and Look at. You can copy/paste one of these to create a fourth, and set its Cursor field to pickup.

If you use Unity UI, you'll have to also edit the InteractionUI canvas prefab - which is referenced at the bottom of the Menu's properties under "Linked canvas prefab". Here, each Interaction element is represented by a UI Button object. You can duplicate one of the existing buttons, and link it to the element by dragging it from Prefab Mode into the new element's Linked Button field.

A tutorial on linking UI objects to the Menu Manager can be found here. Though it deals with the Inventory menu, the principles are the same.

• Thank you again!