Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interactions with Opsive Controller and AC

I use the Opsive controller. Normally, with AC, we use the left mouse button to interact with the NPCs, for example to talk. But, it interferes with opsive combat mode.
How do I assign a keyboard key for interactions?
Thank you

Comments

• You can uncheck Mouse clicks have default functionality? in the Settings Manager to prevent left-clicks interacting with Hotspots.

To interact with a keyboard key, define an input in Unity's Input Manager named "InteractionA".

For a list of all AC inputs you can make use of, see the "Available inputs" panel further down the Settings Manager. Descriptions for each of these inputs can be found in the Manual's "Input descriptions" chapter.

• Unchecking Mouse clicks have default functionality? not work or there may be another setting to be made.
    The 2nd method works but requires adding a key.

• These aren't two separate methods - both steps will need to be followed to replace mouse clicks with keyboard presses for interactions.

The 2nd method works but requires adding a key.

The keyboard key you want the player to have to press must be defined in Unity's Input Manager, under the "Positive Button" field.

• Thanks, it works. However, I have another problem. I followed the directions to integrate the UCC and AC cameras. It is set to Third Person Adventure. But, the orbit of the camera is not working. As soon as I add the AC camera, the camera no longer follows the player's gaze.
    I spent hours there figuring out but really don't see where this bug is coming from.

I followed all your indications:

Rename UCC's MainCamera to UCC MainCamera, untag it from having the
    MainCamera tag, and attach the Basic Camera component.
    2. Create a new Unity Camera as a separate GameObject and attach AC's MainCamera
    component.
    3. Remove the Overlay layer from this Camera's Culling Mask, and tag the GameObject
    as MainCamera.
    4. Set up the scene using AC's Scene Manager, assigning the UCC MainCamera in the
    Scene Manager's Default camera field.
    5. If AC's Movement method is set to First Person, you will have to set this camera
    using a Camera: Switch Action in your scene's OnStart cutscene.

• edited January 2022

What is the camera's exact behaviour?

At runtime, pause the game and check that the AC MainCamera component is in the same position as UCC's, and that it's listing the UCC camera in its "Attached camera" component field.

Bear in mind that the above steps are only necessary if you want to retain the ability to switch camera using AC's Actions. If you only ever want to use UCC's camera, then you should be able to combine UCC's and AC's MainCameras into one.

The integration's included third-person example scene has the cameras set up in the same way as the instructions. Try comparing this scene and yours to see if there are differences in the ways the cameras are configured.

It may also be worth testing out AC's own GameCamera Third Person camera type, which behaves in a similar way.