Forum rules - please read before posting.

To Do List Menu

Hi, in my game there's a little todo list menu, but I think I'm approaching it the wrong way.

Right now it's a menu with a lotta button elements (oops they should be labels). When a to do item is done, the label is updated to have a check mark next to it. This all works fine, but when I have so many todo list items (done and not-done) there's a need for the menu elements to scroll. The only scrolling I've seen is in dialog or inventory menus which is fairly custom to their need and don't scroll multiple elements.

My question:

• Is there an easy way to add a scrolling button to the menu to cycle menu elements to visible/not visible?
  • Is there a different approach to a To Do list menu that might be easier/cleaner?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Is there an easy way to add a scrolling button to the menu to cycle menu elements to visible/not visible?

Within AC, you'd have to rely on a Button with a custom script behaviour to work out what elements are showing and show/hide the next set accordingly.

If you were using Unity UI, you should alternatively be able to place your linked UI objects within a scroll view of some sort.

Is there a different approach to a To Do list menu that might be easier/cleaner?

Objectives can be defined in the Inventory Manager, and then listed within an InventoryBox element which supports scrolling. See the Manual's "Objectives" chapter for more on this topic.

• Ah thank you so much! I haven't updated AC in an embarrassingly long time and having a built in objectives menu finally pushed me to update :D