Forum rules - please read before posting.

Feature Request: A way of limiting 'direct' character movement within the nav mesh.

Hi,

I am new to developing games, and I have been following the tutorial on creating a 2.5 D game closely on Youtube. Really pleased with the software so far, as I have tried learning conventional code before and have never gotten my head around it.

I have an idea as to what I would like to create, and apologies as I have seen some other posts about creating colliders on some other posts in this forum when having issues with direct movement - where the character can walk off the edge. I do think though that it would be a great time saver, and create less clutter in the scene if there was a feature that could somehow limit direct movement within the nav mesh.

Again, apologies if there is some technical reason as to why this is not possible, but it would be a good feature to have.

As I am not much of a coder, if anyone knows of a simple workaround if the above is not possible it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Many thanks

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @tris262.

When it comes to 2.5D or 3D games, I suspect it's more of a case of "with limitations" rather than totally impossible - but I will have to look into it properly before I could say definitively.

I shall give it some thought - thanks for the suggestion

• Ah, thats great thanks for considering it. :)