Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu button missing in Android build

This button is missing in my Android build meaning I'm not able to pause the game.

https://imgur.com/a/H3pi1sw

Comments

• edited December 2021

Welcome to the community, @Nonjudgement.

What are your AC/Unity versions, and does the button show when running in the Editor?

The button you're referring to is from the "InGame" menu in AC's default interface. By default, it will only show during gameplay - have you made any changes to the menu's default properties?

How does your device's aspect ratio compare with your Game window? Are you testing the game in portrait or landscape mode, or a mix of both?

Each of AC's default menus have a "Unity UI" counterpart, which may be more appropriate in this case as they're generally more flexible when it comes to dynamic screen sizes. In the Menu Manager, try changing the InGame Menu's "Source" field to "Unity Ui Prefab".

That should cause the Menu to rely on the InGameUI canvas prefab for rendering - you'll be able to confirm this via the "Linked Canvas" field further down. If this shows up correctly when running in the Editor, does it also now show in the build?

It'd also be worth trying to extract Unity's Player log for your Android device, as it should include any Console messages from AC.

• Hi Chris,

I'm using Unity 2020.3.22f1 and AC 1.74.3. I haven't made changes to any of the menus.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite which has a resolution of 1340x800. I've locked off the portrait orientations in the player settings.

The menu button shows up in the editor when using any aspect ratio.

• I changed the rendering path from deferred to forward and it showed up so it must've been that.

• I changed the rendering path from deferred to forward and it showed up so it must've been that.

Strange. In that case: if you want to rely on deferred rendering, the menu ought to show if you switch its Source to Unity Ui Prefab.

• I was using deferred rendering for multiple light sources but the performance was terrible so I switched back to forward rendering.