Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sorting Areas Gizmo not showing

Hi all,

Following the 2D tutorial. I've created a sorting map, and positioned it at the top of my navmesh, but when I click on Add area, even though it adds it on the inspector window, on the scene window it only adds a number, no arrows. I've added a second one and it only shows the number 2 now on top of the other one, no arrows again. I can't seem to be able to find a way of editing the position of the areas. The only thing that seems visible, other than the numbers is a big white box.

Unity version: 2019.4.20f1
AC version: 1.74.3

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2021

Welcome to the community, @NeoCroMagon.

The "Position" values listed for the two areas in the Inspector both suggest that they are each 1 unit apart.

Is it possible your scene's scale is much larger, such that you need to be zoomed in to see this difference? Try adjusting them manually in the Inspector to see if they affect their appearance in the Scene window.

Otherwise, how does it look from other angles? Try also coming out of 2D mode by de-selecting the 2D button at the top of the Scene window - it may be that the Sorting Map is somehow rotated.

If so, check that neither of its parent GameObjects (_SortingMap and _Navigation) have a non-zero rotation, and that your game's perspective is "Unity 2D". This will show in the "Camera settings" panel towards the bottom of the Settings Manager.

• Thank you so much @ChrisIceBox, it was a rotation issue, for some reason they were pointing towards the camera, changing to 3D and looking around confirmed it.

All working now.

Thanks again