Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hiding mouse completely and activating Hotspots with left click but not mouse over

Hi, I've got my character moving left and right with A and D (Direct movement) and I have Player-vicinity detection all set up so the hotspots show when I get close if I hover my mouse over it, but I'm wondering how to completely hide my mouse and make it so the hotspot shows up when I'm in an area (not on mouse over), and then when I left click it activates the hotspot?

I want to hide the overall mouse cursor, not just the circle thingy, I only want to see it other than when sorting inventory or settings menu. Basically I want to do the interactions through player position, not mouse position.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Arctanas.

Though the cursor may still be visible, it should be that the mouse cursor's position is unaccounted for if you use Direct movement, and that the Hotspots in vicinity option is set to Nearest Only, in the Settings Manager.

To prevent the cursor from showing during gameplay, but show it in Pause menus, set the top of the Cursor Manager's Display cursor field to Only When Paused.

You'll also want to make sure Change cursor based on Interaction? is unchecked further down in the "Interaction icons" panel.

The default Hotspot menu is set to appear at the cursor's position, but you can change this by adjusting the Position property of the Hotspot menu inside the Menu Manager.

The behaviour of Player-vicinity detection in particular is quite dependent on other settings, so if you need further advice it'd be best to see screenshots of your Cursor and Settings Managers so that I can know your exact situation.

• Welcome to the community, @Arctanas.

Though the cursor may still be visible, it should be that the mouse cursor's position is unaccounted for if you use Direct movement, and that the Hotspots in vicinity option is set to Nearest Only, in the Settings Manager.

To prevent the cursor from showing during gameplay, but show it in Pause menus, set the top of the Cursor Manager's Display cursor field to Only When Paused.

You'll also want to make sure Change cursor based on Interaction? is unchecked further down in the "Interaction icons" panel.

The default Hotspot menu is set to appear at the cursor's position, but you can change this by adjusting the Position property of the Hotspot menu inside the Menu Manager.

The behaviour of Player-vicinity detection in particular is quite dependent on other settings, so if you need further advice it'd be best to see screenshots of your Cursor and Settings Managers so that I can know your exact situation.

• Working perfectly now thank you. Did exactly what you said and it worked like a charm. Really appreciate it. :smile: