Forum rules - please read before posting.

Movement clicks not registering 100% of the time. (scaled sprite)

Hi.

I have an issue where my player wont react to movement clicks 100% of the time.
I am using a tiny navmesh with a tiny sprite that is scaled down using the sorting map. (far distance shot) and I guess that could factor in to my issues.

I have recorded a video here showing the problem.

i'm using an older version of AC 1.71.4
and my unity version is: 2019.3.11f1

Here are my movement settings in AC:
https://imgur.com/Y61awf1
Here are my Navmesh settings:**
https://imgur.com/3dilJUi

Comments

• edited December 2021

Firstly, test this scene with the latest release in a backup or duplicate project. v1.72.0 made improvements to the click accuracy of 2D NavMeshes.

That may be enough to resolve it, but otherwise: what is the shape of the NavMesh? The size of the character isn't factored into clicks, but the NavMesh is.

One workaround would be to increase the size/shape of the NavMesh, and then restrict Player pathfinding by giving all path points the same Y position. That could be done with the following:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class SnapPointsToY : MonoBehaviour
    {

private void OnEnable () { EventManager.OnPointAndClick += OnPointAndClick; }
        private void OnDisable () { EventManager.OnPointAndClick -= OnPointAndClick; }

private void OnPointAndClick (Vector3[] pointArray, bool run)
        {
            float startY = KickStarter.player.transform.position.y;
            for (int i = 0; i < pointArray.Length; i++)
            {
                pointArray[i] = new Vector3 (pointArray[i].x, startY);
            }
        }

}

• Thats awesome Chris!
    Do I apply the script to the Navmesh?

• It doesn't reference any objects directly - you can place it anywhere in the scene. Though, additional tweaking may be necessary if you want to only have it take effect at certain times.

• So December stress happened and it took me almost a month to update AC and try this. SORRY!

First of all.

Updating AC really made a huge difference with click accuracy. Wow!
    This I guess kinda solves my problems. (thanks for this)

But as for the script. i'm not not getting any errors when using it but im prob doing something wrong anyways.
    I have increased the navmesh to encompas a larger area. but the player behaves as it did before. I can walk Up and Down as usual.

recorded a quick vid of my issue:

• My mistake, I'm afraid: the script wasn't accounting for the player's original position.

I've updated the post above rather than posting a new script, to avoid confusion for anyone re-visiting this thread in the future. Update your SnapPointsToY script to the above and it should now work.

• It works perfectly! thanks!