Forum rules - please read before posting.

Object Transform - Object disobeys specified transform values

In my scene, I have a door which should open when clicked on. It should swing 90 degrees, stop, and then its hotspot should become unusable because there is no reason for the player to close the door again. This almost happens, except the door swings further than 90 degrees, causing it to clip through a nearby wall and its collider causes it to jump around the scene in a jittery manner. Attached is a link with a video showing this issue as well as the ActionList associated with the door.

https://imgur.com/a/Owl3iax

Comments

• What's your AC version?

The collider gizmo in the video doesn't look like it matches the door object too closely. Are you using a BoxCollider that spans the mesh?

The issue looks physics-related. If it's jittering, it may be that a Rigidbody is involved. Is one attached? One isn't strictly necessary if you're moving the door with this Action type.

• Sorry for the late reply. I am using AC v1.74.2.
    There was a rigidbody attached to the object that I removed (it was attached to a hinge joint, which I guess is no longer needed because I am using an Object Transform action?)
    I did find it odd however that once I removed the RB, even though I had the object transform set to "rotate by Y-90 degrees", the door would swing 180 instead. I was able to fix this by setting the object transform to "rotate to Y-180 degrees" (it starts at Y=90). Do you know why this might be?

• It may be an issue with the Quaternion conversion. Try unchecking Euler rotation? in the Action to have it stick to a Vector3 instead.

If you want it to be exact in its orientation, another option is to place down Markers that represent the Transform values you wish the door to adopt, and then use the Action's Copy Marker method. This will cause it to move towards a Marker's position and rotation regardless of where it previously was.