Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't interact with hotspot within prefab scene object

In my scene, I have a file cabinet with 3 drawers. Each drawer is its own model under a FileCabinet parent object. I have each door set up with a track so the player can drag them open/shut. In the middle drawer is a red key that I want the player to be able to pick up and add to their inventory. My issue is that the player can open the drawer and see the key/its hotspot, but clicking on it does nothing. Attached is a picture of my scene, the actionlist associated with "using" the key, and the inspector window for the red key object.

https://imgur.com/a/gf13qKJ

Comments

• It may be a case of the draggable drawer's collider overlapping that of the key. This is possible if you use e.g. a Box Collider that spans the depth of the drawer.

Check the shape of your drawer's collider. If it covers the whole drawer, re-shape the collider from its Inspector to only cover the front side of it. If you want the bottom/sides of it to be interactive as well, you can add additional Box Colliders to the same draggable object.