Forum rules - please read before posting.

Gather Text - Addressables

AC Version 1.74.2
Unity Version 2019.4.18f1

Hello. I am currently using the Addressable System, my Addressables have been built using the "Default Build Script". But, when I Gather Text, the speech text / hotspot text doesn't get added, among others. Anything not added to the AC Menu Manager doesn't seem to be recognized.

When I add the scene to the Build Player, all text is gathered just fine. Moving the scene back to an Addressable group removes the speech lines when gathering again.

Comments

• Seems to be possible to add all scenes to the Build Player, then gather text. After the text is gathered, generated text ID seems to carry over to Addressables even after removing the scenes from the Build Player. I'll perform another "Default Build Script" to see if the translations remain.

Is this the proper way to gather text with Addressables?

• It is. Since you can have unwanted scenes (including those of the game games) present in your project, AC looks to the Build Settings to know which scenes to search.

You needn't have to remove the scenes afterwards, however - unchecking them should be enough.