Forum rules - please read before posting.

Third-person camera

I want to create a third person camera and player, like the game Them and us () for example but I don't know how to configure the third person camera in AC, I include the script in Navcam, but it doesn't work correctly.
Is there an example or tutorial please?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• "Navcam" only refers to the default camera created by the Scene Manager. In 3D games, this'll be of the type GameCamera - the default type of camera for 3D games.

For a third-person camera, you'll want to instead make use of the "GameCamera Third Person" camera type. This is available in the Scene Manager's list of Camera prefabs.

Create a new such camera and assign it as your scene's default at the top of the Scene Manager. If you're using AC v1.74 or newer, this camera type has been improved with many options for fine tuning in its Inspector.

The main things to check are that its Inspector's Target panel has Is player? checked, and that the Top/Mid/Bottom regions are correct. You can view these regions by selecting the camera and viewing it in the Scene window - they should appear as red rings that you can adjust the size and position of in the "Regions" panel of the Inspector.

• edited November 2021

Thanks . it work, but can i rotate the camera and player with the mouse and to interact with keys (e: use, q: look... ? Thanks

• I used Mouse X in spin axis and InteractionA (Button) and it work fine. thxs