Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character Face object

I'm getting weird behavior with my characters trying to look at each other. It's set to only look with the head and eyes, targeting the opponents head. But the rotation seems very much off
Image from Gyazo
Image from Gyazo
Is it working as intended? And if it is, maybe there's a way to get better results using FinalIK?

Comments

• What are your AC/Unity versions?

As you're using Unity's built-in IK system, it's hard to tell if this is due to AC or Unity - can you share screenshots of your character Inspectors and the Action you're using to have them face one-another?

FinalIK has a number of integration scripts available on the AC wiki, but the effect probably shouldn't be this off in vanilla Unity.

• It's running on Unity 2021.2.0b11 and AC 1.74.2
    Here's the inspector window
    inspector

And the action used to face the character
    Image from Gyazo

Both characters have standard Human rigs.
    Moreover, in this screenshot both of the characters are in seated idles, and it ruins the head IK even further
    Image from Gyazo

• edited November 2021

I get similar behaviour on my end - at least similar to the first gif.

The eyes, however, are looking in the correct direction. As a character's IK target is a single variable - rather than separate ones for head and eyes - I suspect this may be an issue with Unity's IK system.

I do see improvement if I lower the head factor and raise the body factor both by around 0.2, though.