Forum rules - please read before posting.

Keeping cursor on screen in FPS adventure

Hey all,

I am new-ish to unity and very new to AC. I am working on an FPS adventure game but am having some cursor issues. When I turn my character around, they are able to look around their environment but the cursor is usually somewhere behind them or to the side offscreen. In the AC game editor I have "always keep cursor within screen boundary" checked so the cursor stays on the edge of the screen where it left, but if i try to center the cursor to the screen i can only do so while also turning my character to view the original viewing angle they started at. Not sure if this a Unity or AC issue.

Sorry if the wording of this issue is weird, it is kind of hard to describe without showing.

Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @louiemed.

If I follow your meaning, it sounds like it's just a case of the cursor being unlocked.

When the cursor is unlocked, it can move freely with the mouse. When locked, it will remain in the centre of the screen at all times.

You can set the cursor's default locked state by checking Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins? in the Settings Manager. This will keep it locked in the middle, until you unlock it with e.g. the ToggleCursor input.

More on this topic can be found in the Manual's "Cursor locking" chapter. A tutorial video on getting started with FPS adventures can be found here.

• Just what I needed @ChrisIceBox, thanks for your help!