Forum rules - please read before posting.

Main Camera Aspect Ratio

Good day,

I'm having an issue with getting the Main Camera to display the correct aspect ratio when in the Game View. Just to clarify, this does not affect the game itself, when I run the game the NavCam's settings are used and everything works as intended.
However, in the Game View (and the camera port in the Scene View), the Main Camera shows only a square box, not the 16:9 setting that was selected. This is an issue when trying to edit objects in the Game View such as menus, as the Game View and actual view when running the game is not the same.

I've set the Main Camera's target display to Display 1, and set Display 1's aspect ratio to 16:9, yet this does not change the Game View's aspect ratio from being a square. I'm not sure whether this is a Unity specific issue or related to some interaction with AC, but I've never encountered it while following the Unity tutorials (usually I just set the aspect ratio in the Game View and select the correct display in the camera settings).

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Is this for a 2D, 2.5D or 3D game?

AC will affects the Game window's aspect ratio at runtime if you enforce an aspect ratio in the Settings Manager's "Camera settings" panel.

In edit mode, this will only be applied while previewing AC Menus in the Menu Manager - and the Scene window will not be affected.

Outside of this, AC shouldn't be factoring into things. Is this an issue when editing a non-AC scene?

• Hi Chris

No, this is not an issue in a non-AC scene.

However, although I didn't manage to solve the problem of the Main Camera aspect ratio, I have managed to bypass the issue. The Main Camera is still fixed to a square in the Game View no matter what I do, but when I select the NavCam the Game View shows the proper aspect ratio. This allows me to edit in the Game View so all is good (although I still don't know what the problem with the Game Camera is!)

• What is your game's camera perspective, and if you are enforcing an aspect ratio in the Settings Manager?

• It's a 2D game, and enforcing an aspect ratio in the Settings Manager fixed it (it was not enforced before). Thanks for the assistance.