Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dialogue Appear animation

Hey Chris,

Just asking if its possible to stop the subtitles UI from animating its 'on' animation (triggered through the custom animation in the AC menu settings) every time you invoke skipspeech? There are scenarios where characters speak in multiple broken up lines, and it is quite distracting.

I also notice this also happens when I use 'duplicate each line' I'd love to use this functionality, but every new line it animates it in again which makes it unuseable for me having the subtitles UI animate in.

Thank you for your time!

Comments

• This is because of another line speech that follows the one being skipped, rather than the skipping itself?

The processing of speech and the manner in which its displayed are separate entities. Especially if the duplicate option is checked, you're dealing with a separate menu for each line regardless of the animation option.

It might be possible to rely on a custom script to manually update the menu's animation properties, though. Can you share some screenshots of a typical ActionList that has the issue, the menu's properties, and show the way in which the speech menu looks and animates?