Forum rules - please read before posting.

Drop an object on Player from Inventory

Comments

• Open the solution in Visual Studio and ctrl-F.

• edited December 2021

sorry to be such a noob, but what is the solution?

• The code. Double-clicking any script file should bring it up.

• Ok so I’m guessing I’ll search in any custom scripts rather than any of yours?

• so I open each script within AC one by one and search for this line?

gameObject.layer = LayerMask.NameToLayer (KickStarter.settingsManager.deactivatedLayer);

• Run a project-wide search: it'll show each script that contains it, no need to open each script individually.

The relevant scripts are:

• Hotspot
    • DragBase
    • _Collision
    • NavigationEngine_PolygonCollider
    • NavigationMesh
    • BackgroundImage
    • RememberHotspot
    • RememberMoveable
    • RememberNPC

If it's not any of those, it may be from a custom script.

• I have checked all of the above and they all have that line of code in

• Indeed - that's why I listed them.

• edited December 2021

ok, so then what are the next steps to fix this?

This occurs in a few places in AC - you'll have to place a Debug.Log statement next to each, to get a Console message that points to which one is being run.

So how do I write this next to the line of code in each script?

• Either write a Debug.Log statement under each that identifies the script and object it's coming from, e.g.:

Debug.Log ("Hotspot.cs " + this, this);

or comment out each instance of the line one-by-one and run the game to see which one is causing the layer change.

• it was the first one Hotpost.cs - it now works!

• Revert the code but keep a Debug.Log in the Hotspot script - what is the message in full?

• like this?

gameObject.layer = LayerMask.NameToLayer (KickStarter.settingsManager.deactivatedLayer);
    Debug.Log ("Hotspot.cs " + this, this);

• Yes - what is the Console message it produces?

• edited January 2022

sorry, my bad, so for Rufus sprietw ith hotspot on it says this:

HOTSPOT OFF Sprite (AC.Hotspot)
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object,UnityEngine.Object)
    AC.Hotspot:TurnOff (bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Hotspot.cs:719)
    AC.Hotspot:TurnOff () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Hotspot.cs:708)
    AC.Player:AutoSyncHotspot () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Player.cs:1190)
    AC.Player:OnSetPlayer (AC.Player) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Player.cs:1176)
    AC.EventManager:Call_OnSetPlayer (AC.Player) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/EventManager.cs:1105)
    AC.KickStarter:set_player (AC.Player) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1049)
    AC.PlayerPrefab:SpawnInScene (bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/PlayerPrefab.cs:124)
    AC.KickStarter:PreparePlayer () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1181)
    AC.KickStarter:Initialise () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1146)
    AC.MultiSceneChecker:Awake () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:43)

and then underneath that:

Hotspot.cs Sprite (AC.Hotspot)
    AC.Hotspot:TurnOff (bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Hotspot.cs:722)
    AC.Player:AutoSyncHotspot () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Player.cs:1190)
    AC.Player:OnSetPlayer (AC.Player) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Player.cs:1176)
    AC.EventManager:Call_OnSetPlayer (AC.Player) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/EventManager.cs:1105)
    AC.KickStarter:set_player (AC.Player) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1049)
    AC.PlayerPrefab:SpawnInScene (bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/PlayerPrefab.cs:124)
    AC.KickStarter:PreparePlayer () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1181)
    AC.KickStarter:Initialise () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1146)
    AC.MultiSceneChecker:Awake () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:43)

Another hotspot, eg umbrella hotspot, that works fi e, has this debug:

Hotspot.cs Umbrella (AC.Hotspot)
    AC.Hotspot:TurnOff (bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Hotspot.cs:722)
    AC.ActionHotspotEnable:DoChange (AC.Hotspot) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionHotspotEnable.cs:79)
    AC.ActionHotspotEnable:Run () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionHotspotEnable.cs:53)
    AC.ActionList/d__41:MoveNext () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:429)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine (System.Collections.IEnumerator)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessAction (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:379)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd (AC.ActionEnd,int,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:581)
    AC.ActionList:EndAction (AC.Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:540)
    AC.ActionList/d__41:MoveNext () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:494)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessAction (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:379)
    AC.ActionList:BeginActionList (int,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:346)
    AC.ActionList:Interact (int,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:247)
    AC.ActionRunActionList:Run () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionRunActionList.cs:153)
    AC.ActionList/d__41:MoveNext () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:429)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd (AC.ActionEnd,int,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:581)
    AC.ActionList:EndAction (AC.Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:540)
    AC.ActionList/d__41:MoveNext () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:494)
    AC.ActionList:EndActionParallel (AC.Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:663)
    AC.ActionList/d__41:MoveNext () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:490)
    AC.ActionList:BeginActionList (int,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:346)
    AC.ActionList:Interact (int,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:247)
    AC.ActionList:Interact () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:210)
    AC.SceneSettings:PlayStartCutscene () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneSettings.cs:332)
    AC.SceneSettings:OnStart () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneSettings.cs:110)
    AC.SaveSystem:InitAfterLoad () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:692)
    AC.MultiSceneChecker:Start () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:62)

• Open up the Player's Inspector and uncheck Auto-sync Hotspot state?.

• edited January 2022

How do I not have the cursor be affected by Player hotspot, so he doesnt get in the way, but when objects dragged on him they have affect? Plus, I would like to remove the label of Rufus, how do I do this?

Plus, can i set Unity UI prefab menus to not get in the way of hotspots? I have my Inventory buttons that block my hover and click interaction with hotspots.

Thanks!