Forum rules - please read before posting.

UFPS character spins on the spot during Cutscenes

Whenever I start a cutscene, the UFPS character spins on the spot. This happens only with Pause Gameplay type action lists, and the contents of the AL don't matter.

AC v1.74.2
Unity 2020.3.11f1

Here's a video of the issue:

I can't seem to recreate this issue in a blank scene with the same player prefab, but the problematic scene has this issue with every cutscene. Is there anything about Action Lists specifically that could lead to a spinning problem like this? Maybe that they pause/ disable player movement by default or something?

Comments

• I can't seem to recreate this issue in a blank scene with the same player prefab

As in, a fresh AC scene with a new Cutscene?

ActionLists themselves won't control the character, but the integration does give control over the Player back to AC when gameplay is blocked.

Do you have such issues when testing the integration's demo scene + Managers? If not, try assigning your own Managers but run the demo scene.

Check that the way your AC and UCC Cameras are set up is consistent between the problematic scene and scenes that work - including their tags. When in a cutscene, AC will turn the camera based on where the player should be facing.

• Do you have such issues when testing the integration's demo scene + Managers? If not, try assigning your own Managers but run the demo scene.

In the integration demo scene, using my own player prefab and managers, this issue does not occur. However, if I use the player from the demo scene in my scene (with either demo or my managers) it does occur.

• Double-check the way your cameras are set up, in that case.

• edited October 2021

Just swapped out the cameras and brought in the demo cameras to my scene by making them prefabs. Still the same issue.

It's interesting that sometimes the player stays static, while only the UCC camera spins around. Other times, both the objects spin (even though they're not parented in the hierarchy)

If I disable the "Camera Controller" or "Camera Controller Handler" component on the UCC camera, the spinning stops. Enabling it resumes the spinning. Same for the Ultimate Character Locomotion component when the player is spinning.

• Does this occur in a fresh AC scene, so the issue is only occuring in a single scene?

My guess is that - however subtle - there is some key difference between scenes that are working vs those that aren't.

• AC wise - what are the possible differences between two scenes in general that could cause this? Considering - Managers, Player prefab and Cameras are the exact same and shared in both the scenes. What's remaining - Maybe the navigation/ navmesh? I'm not sure which part to investigate next.

• NavMesh / navigation shouldn't affect things - the most likely culprit ought to be the camera. What is the state of the AC MainCamera during this time, and is it tagged as such?

Does this occur in a fresh AC scene, so the issue is only occuring in a single scene?

• edited October 2021

Yes. Like I said, I tried the same scene with the Main Camera brought over from the demo as well, for the same issue to reoccur. The issue does not occur in other AC scenes though.

Turning the AC camera off doesn't stop the issue. Turning the UCC cam off does stop the spinning.

This seems to be key:

If I disable the "Camera Controller" or "Camera Controller Handler" component on the UCC camera, the spinning stops. Enabling it resumes the spinning. Same for the Ultimate Character Locomotion component when the player is spinning.

• I've "fixed" the issue by disabling the "Camera Controller" through Object:Call Event at the start of every cutscene, and enabling it when a cutscene ends. Not an actual fix but I think this should be good enough as it detaches the camera from UCC control, which is what was going haywire and making it spin during cutscenes in the first place.