Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory to open and highlight new item added

2»

Comments

• afraid i get this now:

Assets/Sleepytime Village/Scripts/SetCombineTextures.cs(27,54): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'AC.ActionParameter' to 'AC.ActionParamSet'

• edited October 2021

Great no errors now! I will test

• I have one more question - where and how do i do this?

Assign also the IDs of the "Item to add" / "Item to remove" parameters.

• Your screenshot showed that you are using ActionList parameters to define what items get replaced.

Beside their names in the ActionList's properties, each parameter has an ID number. These are the numbers you must assign in the script's Inspector.

The script requires two Inventory item parameter IDs for the items to remove, and one for the item to add.

• edited October 2021

Ok got it, one more q! I don't know what the parameter for combine item 2 should be as this is one of the combined objects, and doesn't exist in my action list as a parameter, as the inventory replace item function only has replace and add and remove.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yt8fw9lx9757f31/AACBAlipMp_ox3_JfBEEM3Fca?dl=0

• Are you not using one item with another to replace both with a third?

Two Inventory actions are typically used for this - one to replace item A with item C, and a second to simply remove item B.

• Yes, i have put a video in for you to see, but i am using Inventory : Replace

• i see what you are saying actually, but what if i wanted item b to stay in inventory, like a box of matches that can be reused?

• I guess I could just add a item to add parameter and re add the removed object?

• You don't need to remove the second item - you just need to supply both of the items you're combining as ActionList parameters, so that the script can use them to update the animation.