Forum rules - please read before posting.

Timeline Character resets rotation

Hi,

So i've been playing with Timeline. As you see from the video and screens, when the character walks using the animation clip, i use another another animation clip to rotate the character but when the clip ends the character rotates back to the original position.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Seunzf9uKBn7xY3zQ6bmYXz9rSsGfC4K/view?usp=sharing

This is using an AC NPC. The same thing also happens with an AC Player. This also happens with the root motion bool on the animator turned on and off.

Do you know why this happens?

Comments

• edited October 2021

What are your AC/Unity versions, and can you share screens of the NPC's Inspector?

• I'm using Unity third person controller character's animator.

I'm using Unity 2020.3.19f1,

I'm using AC 1.74.2

• The animator component doesn't have root motion on. I have tried it with both root motion on and off and it does the same thing

• When I try to add the script to the npc/player, I get

"Can't add script component because the script class cannot be found"

• Have you named the script UpdateCharTimelineRotation.cs?

• edited October 2021

Yes

• Are you getting errors? Check the Console.

• I wasnt getting any errors but I was able to add the script to my character. However the character still rotates to their original position.

• edited October 2021

Have you tried changing the Timeline game object (directorTimeline2) to Hold?

Maybe you could drag the NPC into the Timeline again (2 of the same NPC in the Timeline), hit record, then rotate the character manually.

Or, after rotating, right click the Timeline's NPC Track, convert to clip track, duplicate it. Move a clip track to frame 0, then move the 2nd clip track to the end of the timeline. Frame 0 clip track should have the original rotation, the end clip track should have the new rotation.

• Have you tried it both with root motion and without?