Forum rules - please read before posting.

Timeline move character

edited October 2021 in Technical Q&A

Hi,

So ive been playing around with Timeline. I have it working but im having an issue on how to make my character walk. I set a walk animation then add an override track and record and move my character using the transform handle from one point to another.

The movement isn't recorded even though i see the record keys in the track. The character just assumes the position when i stop moving them using the handle.

Even if i just try to move the character from one point to another the same thing happens. however when i try it with a cube. the cube moves fine.

Im using an AC made character.

Comments

• When I try moving an NPC character with a walk animation, the character moves fine. I'm using the unity third person controller integration script for my player.

Could that be why it's not working properly.

• After doing some more research, its the root motion being controlled from unity's third person controller. Thats why the character doesnt move.

When i remove the script, the character moves fine. Is there a way to fix this?

• edited October 2021

I'll create a new topic for this.

• When i remove the script, the character moves fine. Is there a way to fix this?

Which script are you removing? The Third Person Controller script, or the integration script?

I've updated the integration script on the wiki to revert the character's motion control upon being disabled. You can try disabling the component before entering the timeline and then re-enabling it afterwards.