Forum rules - please read before posting.

UCC Camera

Hi!

I’m trying to integrate AC with the ultimate character controller (third party view) using the integration asset. I’m having a little trouble understanding how to work with cameras. I’ve tried following the instruction for cameras in the read me. What I wanted to do is sometimes use the UCC cam when controlling the character and sometimes use an AC camera. When using an AC camera the character still moves in relation to the UCC camera. Is the AC cameras only supposed to be used for cutscenes when using UCC?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Emil.

To be clear: you're looking to sometimes rely on the AC camera during gameplay?

AC's MainCamera is still the one actually rendering, and uses the UCC camera as a reference like any other GameCamera.

The UCC character, however, will refer to its own UCC camera for direction. You'll need to amend the UCC camera's rotation if you want to adjust the character's relative direction. As you're dealing with UCC here, though, you'll need to consult UCC's documentation for advice on this.

• Thank you! That was all I needed to know. :)