Forum rules - please read before posting.

UNITY UI MENU LINKING ISSUES

UNITY V2020.3019f1
AC V1.74.2

So, I am still having issues linking my RectTransform boundary and a linked button from a Unity UI prefab to my menu. I have followed the tutorial exactly but my button will not work. Hopefully It is obvious what I am doing wrong!

My UI Panel and UI button are linked to their respective RectTransform boundaries (Linked from opening up the prefab of the UI) , and both share corresponding Constant ID's (as shown in screenshots)., but continue to say they are missing in Play mode and after Play mode. Everything is visibly working ok, except my button will not respond (action is to close menu).

Any ideas? Here are links to screenshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wrlt6yt6dxod9jw/AABlt2t3a7PFN2h0kcQWGm6Ka?dl=0

Thanks!

Comments

• That the editor reports the objects as missing is expected, since Unity cannot display a prefab child object in its Inspector once the prefab is not being edited. The Constant ID system is there to re-link the object at runtime.

Check Change cursor when over? in the Button's properties to see if it's a case of the button not being detected, or the click behaviour not being correct. Keep the EventSystem open with the bottom expanded to see if the button is being correctly selected when over, i.e. no other elements are getting in the way.

• edited October 2021

Sorted thanks