Forum rules - please read before posting.

DLSS and Player Script. Unity 2021.2.11b

Hi,

I have been testing DLSS and Adventure Creator and it seems that the "Player.cs" script (First Person Player) interferes with the "dynamic resolution" algorithm.

I am using raytracing and DLSS. If I only put a camera, the fps in my scene are near to 170, but when I put a First Person Player, and I activate the "dynamic resolution" option (it doesn't matter if DLSS is enabled or not), the fps are initially about 170, but the CPU usage increases and I get 30-40 fps (or less).

If I disable the "Player.cs" script of my prefab player, there is no difference. But if Idelete the "Player.cs" script, the fps stay about 170.

On the other hand, if I keep the "Player.cs" script enabled and I press "escape" key inside the game, the fps stay the same. I think that it's because of the script that controls the rotation of the camera with the mouse, but I am not sure.

Any idea of what might be causing this?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• If turning the camera causes the fps drop, I'm not sure there's much way around it if you're making a first-person game. I wouldn't have thought that should cause such an issue, though.

Try running a Deep Profile using Unity's Profiler window to look for fps spikes.

• Sorry,

"On the other hand, if I keep the "Player.cs" script enabled and I press "escape" key inside the game, the fps stay the same." It is not true. I get low fps after a short time.

I can't use Deep Profile becasue I get 13 fps.

The only thing that is clear to me is that if I remove player.cs, the fps stays high.

• I have managed to narrow down the problem. The functions Kickstarter.playermovement.updateplayermovement() and character._Update() reduce fps.
    If I comment the lines 254 and 277 of the script StateHandler.cs, I don't have problems with the fps.

• I can't use Deep Profile becasue I get 13 fps.

Sorry, I don't follow this - why does this prevent use of the Profiler?

Look for the _UpdateFPCamera function in FirstPersonCamera. Try placing a "return;" line at the top of it, to prevent the code beneath from running. Does that improve fps?

• What's the fps like in builds?

• Hi,

·Deep Profile slows down my computer... I don't know the reason yet.

· The fps is not improved with the return line at the top of _updateFPCamera function.

· In builds, the fps are stable. The problem is the editor.

• Open up Char.cs, and look for the GetAnimEngine function. Replace the code block:

#if !UNITY_EDITOR
    if (animEngine == null)
    #endif

with:

if (animEngine == null)

Does that improve the framerate?

• ChrisIceBox,

Now, it's perfect. Fps are stable in the editor.

Thank you very much.