Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scene switching action doesn't stop after running

edited September 2021 in Technical Q&A

Hi,

I found a small bug in the SceneSwitch action which is causing me a few problems. Once the action has finished switching scenes it seems to default to an action end result of 'Continue' which means it continues to run other actions in the actionList (potentially random ones depending on where it happens to be in the internal list). As a temporary fix I put this into the Run() function of that action:

endings[0].resultAction=ResultAction.Stop;

Is there a better/correct way of changing the SceneSwitch action so it always stops after running?

Thanks,
Tony

Comments

• edited September 2021

Thanks for the report - I'll need to attempt a recreation.

What's your AC version, and is the Action inside an ActionList asset file that has "Survive scene changes?" checked in its properties?

The Action should only have an output socket under these conditions.

• Hi, I'm using v1.74 and it's just a regular action inside the scene actionList (a hotspot interaction).

I've managed to recreate it for you:

1) Create a normal action in the actionList
    2) Make sure it's action is set to 'Continue'
    3) Change the action type to 'Scene:Switch'
    4) The scene switch action now continues after it's switched scene

It just seems to keep the 'continue' field from the old action even after changing it to a scene switch action. If you go back and change the original action to 'stop' and then change it to a 'Scene:Switch' type it works fine.

Hope that helps,
    Tony

• Great, thanks for the details - I'll look into this.