Forum rules - please read before posting.

TIMING AND SHOWING A LEVEL BAR OF TIME LEFT

Hello AC beautiful people

Let's say I am wearing a swimming pants and I have a lotion of sun protecting cream walking on a desert.
I need to use the cream every one minute to not burn. The lotion is 10 application doses.
I got that i can use variable to decrease the dose at each application , how can i time it and is it possible to show a time bar that show the time left before the next required dose?

i assume i can use an engine wait for seconds like coroutine then dialogue box saying something to remember, but what about the showing the time?

Thank you

A.

Comments

• A Global Float Variable can be used to note the time remaining in seconds. This can be lowered by 1 each second by looping a Variable: Set and Engine: Wait Action together - checking each time if it's below zero with an additional Variable: Check Action.

To avoid such an ActionList blocking gameplay set its When running property to Run In Background. See the Manual's "Background logic" chapter for more on this.

To display this remaining time, a Slider element inside a Menu can be linked to the Global Float Variable. If you also uncheck its User can change value? property, it'll become read-only - so that it effectively becomes a timer if the variable's value decreases over time.