Forum rules - please read before posting.

After setting a local variable

Hello Chris hello everyone
I hope these silly questions can help other beginners too , if not cope with me thanks

As you suggested on another post, the use of a variable to set if an event occurred.

I go in this scene for the first time, I have a dialogue with a dying character, after the dialogue in the action list i have the the dying animation and then i set the local variable named characterisdead to true.

now if (characterisdead == true)
i want no dialogue and just display the last animation sprite of the dead character:

i see that there is the check variable option so i assume that is the one i have to use but where i have to do it, in the trigger action list of the previous scene before entering this one?

Thank you

Comments

• edited September 2021

if someone has the same problem
    I sorted it out using scene attributes and put what i wanted on the action list onStart
    setting the clip i want and then i disabled the hotspot

• Scene attributes are a special type of variable that - when defined - are present across all scenes.

In the case of a "characterisdead" variable, that only needs to be accessed in this particular scene, stick to a Local variable. Or, if the character's death state needs to be checked in another scene, use a Global variable.

Checking this variable with the "Variable: Check" Action in your scene's OnStart cutscene is the right way to update your scene accordingly when it begins.

• yep thank you Chris, i got it, for that i can use a local one and then check it on the onStart cutscene, i had another situation where the var was to be set in another scene and checked on this one and i used a global , i am getting it , cool, thanks