Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't hide "SaveButton" menu element when using "Hide Menu Element"?

(I'm still on v1.72.4. Also this certainly isn't a big deal but I wanted to ask. I don't spend a ton of time with AC, just a bit of practice every week, so I may have forgotten or missed something relating to this.)

I'm trying out "Menu: Change state" > "Hide Menu Element" with the Pause menu, and while other buttons seem to be capable of being hidden (like "LoadButton" or "ResumeButton"), "SaveButton" doesn't seem to be. Could there be some reason for this, or some kind of bug? Thanks.

screenshot 1, screenshot 2

Comments

• (I went ahead and updated to the latest. :wink: )

• The default Pause menu's SaveButton element is something of an outlier, in that it's visibility is actually hard-coded within AC based on whether or not saving is currently possible.

This may not be the best approach, but as saving isn't possible during cutscenes, it's arguably best to ensure the button isn't visible at the wrong time.

To do away with this automation, simply rename your SaveButton element.

You will, however, need to update your Menu's "ActionList when turn on" asset to manually hide/show the element based on whether or not saving is currently possible. This state can be checked for by using the Save: Check Action's Is Saving Possible option.

• Thanks for the explanation!