Forum rules - please read before posting.

A menu that takes you to different scenes of a different character depending on where you are?

I want to make a Fran Bow like mechanic, that allows you to see alternate versions of scenes, by entering someone else's memories, except you actually play as them. So you're not going to wherever player two was most recently, but rather, you switching to player 2, in a second version of the scene you're currently in. I was wondering if there is a way to make the same button/menu take you to a different scene depending on which scene you're currently in, and probably switch to that after switching player? (I also have four different players, and they're not all in each scene) This is kinda the biggest hurdle I have to face, so I figured now that I have the very basic first scene set up, I should work this out, but I don't know what I'm doing super well yet, so sorry if this is vague.

Comments

• You can use the Scene: Check Action to check which scene you (or a specific Player) is currently in, and re-route your ActionList to react accordingly.

If you want to both switch scene and Player at the same time, use the Player: Teleport inactive Action to first move the second Player to the correct scene, and then use Player: Switch Action to switch to them.

What might be worth considering, though, is to have each scene have its alternatives incorporated directly into it - as opposed to having a separate scene for each alternate version. You can use Unity's Animation system to alter the appearance of your scene, or it could be as simple as giving each look its own shared parent object, and then teleporting the correct one into view, while teleporting all others off-screen. That way, you can re-use things like Hotspots, NavMeshes etc that should remain unchanged.