Forum rules - please read before posting.

Speech Bubble in a 3D game

Hello everyone! I tried to add the speech bubble add-on to my 3D game yesterday, but I have an issue with it. I've installed Text Mesh Pro, imported the menu as was described in the documentation, and the menu displays correctly above the character, but it only reads "Example" for every dialog action. The console gives me an error "Cannot find linked UI element for SubsLineLabel".
I tried dropping the prefab to the scene hierarchy, but with no success.
I found an older thread for the same error where Chris suggested defining "TextMesProIsPresent" Scripting Define Symbol in project setting. I have no idea how to do that, so any help would be much appreciated :D

Comments

• "Scripting Define Symbols" is a text box inside Unity's Player settings. Entering the keyword here tells AC that TextMeshPro is present in the project, so that it's "safe" to run its own TMPro code.

Be mindful, however, that doing so will cause all UI-based Menus to rely on TMPro instead of Unity's own Text component - see the Manual's "Supported third-party assets" chapter for details on this.

• I added the Scripting Define Symbols, but still the error remains, and the speech bubble shows only the text "Example".

Here's the error message in full:

Cannot find linked UI Element for SubsLineLabel

-> AC debug logger
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object)
    AC.ACDebug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:33)
    AC.MenuElement:LinkUIElement<UnityEngine.UI.Text> (UnityEngine.Canvas) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuElement.cs:1289)
    AC.MenuLabel:LoadUnityUI (AC.Menu,UnityEngine.Canvas,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuLabel.cs:167)
    AC.Menu:LoadUnityUI (bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:402)
    AC.Menu:TurnOn (bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:1817)
    AC.PlayerMenus:UpdateMenu (AC.Menu,int,bool,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1480)
    AC.PlayerMenus:UpdateAllMenus () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:2123)
    AC.StateHandler:Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:230)

• The error suggests that the symbol has not been added - as it's still referring to Unity's Text component.

Your mention of the symbol above was missing the "h". TextMeshProIsPresent is the correct symbol.

• Yup, now it works. Thanks!