Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cannot play animation SketchIdle_R (layer 0) on character Sketch's Animator

I keep getting this error every time I press play. I've tried remaking the animations, I've double checked and triple checked the names are right, but it still happens constantly. If I tell is to walk, the error changes to 'Cannot play animation SketchWalk_R (layer 0) on character Sketch's Animator'. Also, weirdly, it does play the idle animation. It repeatedly plays the Idle animation even when walking, it mirrors it when I change between right and left, and I have absolutely no idea what's going wrong.

Comments

• nvm, i messed around till it was fixed

• Welcome to the community, @PatchworkedRainbow.

Your animations must be both named correctly and placed in the base layer of the Animator Controller that is on the character. Be careful to avoid multiple Animator components in the character's hierarchy.

I appreciate that might sound obvious, though I can't give more specific advice without seeing the issue for myself. Can you share screenshots of your character's Inspector (both root and sprite child), as well as the Animator Controller they use?