Forum rules - please read before posting.

Fix hotspot icon to centre of hotspot

Hi, I've had a look around the forum and couldn't find a similar question so I hope it's not already been asked.

When I move the mouse over a hotspot I can fix the hotspot label by changing the settings to 'OnHotspot' (for the Hotspot menu) but the interaction icon still seems to move with it. Is there a way of fixing the interaction icon to the centre of the hotspot while the mouse is anywhere over the hotspot collider? For example, when you move the mouse over a box the 'examine' icon would appear fixed to the centre of the box.

Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @tonemcb.

Is this for a game that uses the "Context Sensitive" interaction method?

The icon you're currently seeing is part of the cursor, but you can enable a separate "Hotspot icon" in the Settings Manager's "Hotspot settings" panel.

Set Display Hotspot icons to Only When Highlighting, and then Hotspot icon type to Use Icon. That will cause the Hotspot's first-available "Use" interaction icon to display when highlighted.

You will need to make sure that each Hotspot has an associated Highlight component assigned, but this can have its Auto-brighten materials when enabled? option unchecked to avoid affecting the Hotspot itself.

This can be done with the 3D Demo if you want to quickly test things out.

• Hi, thanks for the fast response. That sounds like an ideal solution, I'll try that out later!