Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible Navmesh change glitch

Hello Chris,

AC 1.73.8
Unity 2020.3.14f1

I think I found possible Navmesh change glitch.

I am switching scenes by changing Camera and Navmesh.

When I change Navmesh right after Camera:Switch I have the following glitch: Object:Teleport starts before animation ends (animation has Wait until finish checkbox checked)

Experimentally I found that if I put Navmesh change nod after all other nods, everything works like it should. It this glitch or I doing something wrong?

Please see screenshots here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsxc2suoz9af9s5/not working.PNG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yggbkh7imtlvc2s/working.PNG?dl=0

Comments

• At what point during the animation does the teleporting occur?

If the teleport Action is running prematurely, it ought to be that so too does the second of the two animation Actions - is that the case?

Switching NavMesh does cause a little inteference with the game - moving characters need to have their paths recalculated, for example - but if the animated object is isolated from the NavMesh then I can't see how they'd be reacting to one another, at least from the screenshots. How are the objects affected by the ActionList related to one another?

It may be that things need a moment to reset after switching the NavMesh. Is there any improvement if you insert an "Engine: Wait" Action with a wait time of "-1" after the NavMesh change?

It also looks like you're teleporting the Player to the same object as the NavMesh. You should make a separate Marker object to move the Player to.

• Thank you for the fast answer!

At what point during the animation does the teleporting occur?

Teleport occurs before animation starts

If the teleport Action is running prematurely, it ought to be that so too does the second of the two animation Actions - is that the case?

Yes

How are the objects affected by the ActionList related to one another?

I am teleporting Player to the Marker which is situated inside the Navmesh on which I previously have switched

Is there any improvement if you insert an "Engine: Wait" Action with a wait time of "-1" after the NavMesh change?

Yes, everything start to work as it should!

It also looks like you're teleporting the Player to the same object as the NavMesh. You should make a separate Marker object to move the Player to.

That is not the case. Objects and names are different.
    For Navmesh - main square-after tree down
    For Marker - main square-after basement

• It sounds like a glitch, albeit one that's very specific to your setup.

I would need the scene and its associated assets in order to look further into it, but I'd say you're safe to continue on, if the -1 pause fixes things.