Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action list - Engine Play video clip, wait until finished not working?

Not sure if this is a Unity or AC thing, but when using the Action List for Engine Play Video Clip and check 'wait until finished' it doesn't wait until finished and you have to add a manual engine wait time that is the length of the video clip?

If I set to play when scene starts, it works just fine, but if I play it at a certain part of a scene the video just plays/ends without the user being able to see it unless an engine wait time equivalent to the video length is set.

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding how this works and many thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• It's hard to tell where the issue lies, but that shouldn't be the correct behaviour.

What are your AC and Unity versions, and what is the "certain part of a scene" that causes it to occur? I will need to be able to reliably recreate the problem - if you can provide steps, or PM me a test package, that'll be welcome.

• edited July 2021

Hey Chris,

AC - 1.73.8
    Unity - 2020.3.12f1

I have a blank scene that uses the onstart cutscene to play the clip.

Here is a screenshot of the action list, where if you remove the engine wait time, and check 'wait until finished' the video will not play.

https://ln4.sync.com/dl/e4ebe2b80/zkrpdkum-3ngut5uy-vik7xcey-7z9fez5x

Let me know if that helps or if you need the test package, I'll look up how to do that.

• The link is giving me the message "8026 This link has been deleted by the owner."

• What if you assign the video clip in the Video Player component, and not in the Action?

You said earlier that it works when played when the scene starts - but your screenshot is of your OnStart cutscene. Are you saying that it only works if it is the very first Action? If so, is it dependent on what Action precedes it? Try checking Wait until finish? in your Camera: Fade Action.

• Hey Chris, I tried assigning the clip in the player and not the action but the results seem the same.

Enabling the ‘wait until finished’ for the action list item before did not seem to solve the issue.

To clarify, the movie only plays when ‘play on awake’ is enabled in the inspector, not when it is first in the action list.

Also not sure if this matters, but the video player only works when I select MainCamera camera near plane and not GameCamera2D which is the active camera in the AC status box.

The work around to add an engine wait time equivalent to the video length seems to work for now, so i can keep doing that.
  • the video player only works when I select MainCamera camera near plane and not GameCamera2D which is the active camera in the AC status box.

That's correct - AC GameCameras are used merely as position references for the MainCamera to take. It's the MainCamera that performs runtime rendering.

Your screenshot shows your ActionList used to get around the issue - with "Wait until finish?" unchecked. More options show when this is enabled - can you show what the Action looks like with the option checked?

Please also share shots of your ActionList's properties, and the Video Player component.