Forum rules - please read before posting.

Development of game world and scenes

Good day

My questions relate to the development of the game world and scene building. I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else – I’m new here and not certain of the correct terminologies yet.

I’ve been looking around for the environmental assets that I need for my game, and found most of what I require in the Daz3D shop. The artistic style also seems more consistent than the Unity store. If I decide to use the Daz3D assets, would it be better to build the environments in Daz3D and export to Unity, or should I rather export the assets to Unity and build the environments there?

I’m also planning to develop some cutscenes in Daz3D, so if I build the game world in Unity I should probably export the environment back to Daz3D (to ensure consistency between the game world and the background environments in the cutscenes)?

i hope this makes sense, and thanks in advance for any comments and/or advice.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Nalyd.

Your question doesn't involve AC specifically, but AC will be able to make use of models and graphics that Unity can import.

I expect you'll be able to get more thorough advice on the official Unity forums, but I personally would imagine it better to build environments in Unity, as you can more easily see how they'll look in-game with Unity's lighting tools, etc.

If you're unsure, try both - leave AC aside for the moment, and see which workflow is best for you in a fresh project.

• Thanks for the advice, and in the future I'll be more careful about posting general Unity questions here