Forum rules - please read before posting.

I need some help with this: Player gets stuck on walls when jumping (Direct motion + keyboard/mouse)

Hello and thanks in advance! Here's a video where the behaviour can be seen clearly: https://youtu.be/m4iGZJDO-pA.

The issue: When Jumping and touching a wall or any other object with a collider, the player gets stuck to that object if you keep moving in that direction, in my case I keep pressing "W" to go forward while jumping into the wall and only after I stop pressing "W" the player falls to the ground. It happens whether I check the option of moving with rigidbody or not although it falls weirdly and slowly if I'm not using the rigidbody option. I was able to replicate the behaviour in a new project too.

I wonder if the motion controller is written that way or if there's anything I can do to avoid it.

Thanks!

Comments

• I forgot to mention that I'm using 'automatic' motion control.

• Try applying a Physic Material asset with zero friction to the wall - this should help stop the Player sticking.

Alternatively, you can replace your Rigidbody + Capsule Collider combination with a Character Controller. To allow for jumping with a Character Controller, you'll also need to make use of this script on the AC wiki.