Forum rules - please read before posting.

Stutter on music crossfade on WebGL build

edited April 2021 in Technical Q&A

Not sure if "stutter" is the right word here, but here's what I'm seeing. I have music playback set up as follows:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amz_vh8OYDX3vN5pLGazXwKnaNIUnQ?e=acU18m

This works well on PC builds, but on WebGL builds, the crossfade work but there is one short ("stutter") of silence just before the crossfade begins.

Now I know Unity's sound implementation on WebGL is wonky, so I get it if there's not much you can do (and I guess I could skip crossfading if on WebGL), but I thought I mention it as I have been getting beta feedback on this.

Thanks

Unity: 2021.1.4
AC: 1.73.6
Browser: Chrome Version 90

PS: If I were to use the Engine:Check platform option to check for a WebGL build, would that be the "Web Player" option? I ask because I remember Unity formerly supported a browser plugin which I seem to remember was called Web Player.

Comments

• AC's sound code is shared amongst all platforms. If there's an issue with one platform in particular, it's likely a result of Unity's audio implementation for that platform.

About the Engine: Check platform Action though, the Web Player option does indeed refer to the long-since-defunct precursor to WebGL. I shall update this Action to rely on WebGL in the next update - but it should be fairly trivial to update manually in the meantime.

• No worries 👍