Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change scene work with one character but not the other.

Hello Chris !
We have a Scene "CharacterChoice" on wich you can chose between a warrior or a fairy.
i made an action list that works perfectly with switch character and scene switch, for loading scene ( GeneralMap )after the character choice.
we change name of our main scene > GeneralMap to GeneralMap_Island,
i change the scene switch name for both of player interaction ( warrior and fairy > fee in the screenshot ) but the switch scene works Only with the warrior since i change the scene name, and i don't now why,
for the fairy ( fee ) it loads alwayyys scene0 . ( introScene ).
nothing else was change and with the old name it worked perfectly

https://imgur.com/a/wzoHoCG

here is the screenshot with the parameter.

I try something, to invert the player switching in the character setting, and it seems like all "prefab character" i put on the "player1" insert, load automaticly scene0 when i wanted to take the character on player1 Slot.

Thanx for your time !

Comments

• edited April 2021

don't know if its ok, but i "manage" the issue with this :
    https://imgur.com/a/xiCESQR on the 1st scene ( scene 0 ) of the game.
    by adding on the last action list a teleport inactive for the fairy only.

• If you switch Player prefab in this way, AC will first switch to the scene that the character is in.

A non-default Player's starting scene is set via the "Edit start data" option to the right of their prefab field.

If you've worked around it, you may want to leave as-is. However, I'd recommend instead trying your Player: Switch Actions with Replace old Player's position? checked - which will prevent a scene-switch as part of that Action's behaviour.

• Hello Chris, i try your way > remove teleport inactiv from the first scene, and add a Edit start data for the fairy at my "GeneralMap_Island" and "replace old players position " checked.
    its perfect ! Thanx again a lot !