Forum rules - please read before posting.

Multiple inventory item interaction with one and only hotspot

Hello Chris,
i have multiple object in my inventory ( card wich represent differents item to invoke on an altar ) and i wanted them to interact with one and only hotspot,
i know how to do it with one card but with one hotspot for each card.
my goal is, to interact with one hotspot with any card and whatever the card is put on the altar ( on the hotspot i mentionned ) it will spawn the object "link" to the card.
Do you have any idea how and if its possible with AC ?
it try to play with the action list, but i spent i think to much time on this and i cant find a proper solution !.
Again thanx for your time !

Comments

• Is this a case of having multiple instances of the same inventory item? Any screenshots you can share to illustrate the situation will help make things clear.

In the Scene Manager, place down a Variables logic type and use this to define a component Integer variable named e.g. "Cards placed". This will be used to keep track of how many cards have been used on the Hotspot.

Then, in your Hotspot's Inventory interaction for the card, use a Variable: Set Action to increase this variable's value by one. You can then also use a Variable: Check Action to read this value and work out how many cards have been used, and where to place the spawned card.

On the spawning, it's easier to have "linked" card objects in the scene hidden from view, so that you can just teleport them to the Hotspot when used.

• Thanx for your quick answer !
    now i see how i can manage it on the second time !

but i first wanted to add any card that i want in the hotspot.
    i have for exemple in the screenshot 6 cards in the inventory name "I1 I2 I3 I4 I5 I6" ( A ) , and whatever the card i chose i wanted it to go in the hotspot( B ) to spawn an object.
    after that, it would be awesome if i can change the card and take for exemple the I3 item and add it to the hotspot, that it will replace I1 item that i first place on the hotspot

its my main goal :D

thanx!

https://imgur.com/a/TOt3SgI

• If the items are all separate, you can have each interaction be separate in your Hotspot Inspector.

The easiest way to "swap out" which card is shown is to animate their positions.

If you add each "linked" card to the scene file, give them all a shared parent, and then attach an Animator to that parent, you can create a series of animations where each animation moves a particular card on the Hotspot, and hides all others from view.

Use an Integer parameter to control the transition between them, and you can then control which card is shown by using the Object: Animate Action to update this parameter's value.

• thanx man for your time !