Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change player Skin

Hello Chris !

i am able add a weapon on my character on the right or left, any sword/shield etc, with the Character Hold object system and it works veryyyy well.
i have 2 questions,
if i want to change the weapon with another one, the old one is not deleted so, they overlap, can i do a action with a "replace old object" instead of "replace a particularity object" ? and then whatever the old weapon was, the new pick up one replace this

little second question :
I tried to do the same thing with the hat, or helmet, shoes etc.
i wanted to take the helmet of my prefab character and change for another one, with the "Object, replace" method, or "Object change material" method but it doesnt work.
indeed, the "Object to delete" field, is empty when i quit my character prefab ( that is logic, my character is not in the scene yet, he is spawning with the player start )

thanx a lot

Comments

• If you have multiple attachments for the Player, especially multiple types that can be held simultaneously, it's better to either rely on custom script to manage them, or animation.

The scripting method involves creating a script that keeps track of what's currently being held by the Player, and the ability to spawn/remove it. For an example, see the way the Player's weapon is managed in the "Combat example" package on the Downloads page.

The animation method would involve adding each possible attachment to the Player prefab/object itself, and then hiding/showing them through animation clips - with each type being on a separate Animator layer. For an example, see the way the Player's disguise is handled in this section of the Unity Adventure tutorial.

• Thanx for your answer man ! i ll check that !