Forum rules - please read before posting.

Jump sound issues

Hello Chris !!

i try to implément a sound when my character is jumping but my sound doesnt trigger.

i created an Active Input with the input button "space" to detect when the jump is toggle.( Green Square on the Screenshot )

i create an actionList "PlaySoundOnJump" with 2 parameters, first one Input Toggle Active for the Active input created ( New State is check ) and then it continue to > Sound / play one shot and my sound.( Blue Square on the screenshot

I attached it, in the Action List Script on my character with a "Asset File".
(yellow square on the screen shot.

https://imgur.com/a/sTBOtOA

do you have an idea ? thanx a lot.

Cyril

Comments

• edited March 2021

If you're using an Active Input to run an ActionList, you don't need to reference that list outside of the Active Inputs Window - you can remove the ActionList component attached to your Player.

Also, the "Input button" field should refer to the Input created in Unity's Input Manager - not the name of the key you actually press.

In Unity's Input Manager, make sure you have a input named e.g. "Jump" in the list, with its Positive Button set to "space" (no quotes). Then, in the Active Inputs window, set the "Input button" to "Jump".

• that works perfectly, thanks for your veryyyy quick reply. I understand the issues.

• hm i spoke to fast,
    in this way, whenever i press space bar, inside menu or anywere, thats trigger the jump sound
    So i try another thing,
    i remove the Action list when triggered in active inputs ( screen shoot blue square )
    to avoid double reference like you mentioned,

and add Action list in the player prefab, with the action list asset.( screen shoot green square )
    but the sound didnt trigger.
    i also add a player check action.

https://imgur.com/a/9y9rm1D

i can manage that without an active input ?
    my goal is just to enable jump sound on the player only in game and not in the menu ( thats logic ahah :p )

again thanx for your time !

• You still need a way of triggering the ActionList. For now, keep things as they were - with an Active Input triggering it.

You just need to precede the Actions you have with a Menu: Check state Action to check if your Menu is currently open, and prevent the sound from playing if so.

In the next update, however, I will expose an event hook that fires when the Player jumps - making it much easier to reliably run an ActionList when a Player does so.

• edited March 2021

Ok yes i see !
    in my menu now its ok ! i had an issue in a scene that i don't want it to play, i resolve it with that on the screenshot
    ! ( it may be usefull for other users !! )

https://imgur.com/a/2tPDXNV

thanx for your time Chris !